Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. WHY ANGELA MERKEL CALLED OBAMA TO COMPLAIN
Germany says it received information that the U.S. may have targeted the chancellor's cellphone.
2. DEMOCRATS FRUSTRATED WITH HEALTH CARE WEBSITE WOES
"I think the president needs to man up, find out who was responsible and fire them," Rep. Richard Nolan, D-Minn., says.
3. WHAT DEFENSE THE BOSTON MARATHON SUSPECT MAY USE
Tsarnaev's lawyers may try to save him from the death penalty by arguing he fell under the influence of his older brother, experts say.
4. TESTS SUGGEST BABY BORN WITH HIV IN REMISSION
A report says the Mississippi girl, now 3, shows no active infection after she was treated aggressively 30 hours after birth.
5. HOW NORWAY TRIED TO STOP THE KENYA MALL SUSPECT
The country's domestic intelligence service attempted to prevent one of the suspected gunmen from joining Somali militants more than three years ago.
6. KENNEDY COUSIN SKAKEL WINS NEW TRIAL IN 1975 DEATH
A Connecticut judge rules his attorney failed to adequately represent him when he was convicted in 2002.
7. SOFT-SPOKEN MASS. TEEN ACCUSED OF KILLING TEACHER
Officials recovered the remains of the 24-year-old victim in the woods behind the school.
8. WHO HASN'T PAID MILLIONS IN BACK TAXES
Nearly 700 employees of Internal Revenue Service contractors owe $5.4 million, a report says.
9. WHAT'S SECRET ABOUT MITT ROMNEY'S NEW HOUSE IN UTAH
The home's study has a bookcase that swivels open and leads into a hidden room, according to plans obtained by The Salt Lake Tribune.
10. STUDY RECOMMENDS HIGH-DOSE FLU SHOTS FOR ELDERLY
Experts say regular flu shots tend to be only about 30 to 40 percent effective in people 65 and older.
- Politics & Government
- Richard Nolan
- ANGELA MERKEL
Similar Articles: Lane Kiffin zach mettenberger David Frost tracy mcgrady Jeff Tuel